Weston Distance Learning is currently seeking a local (Northern Colorado) Health Information Technology (HIT) Instructor to help train students in the areas of Medical Billing and Coding and other Healthcare Related Programs. This is a part time position, having the flexibility of working from a home office using our online learning platform.
This position requires you live locally in order to pick up paper assignments for grading throughout the week. Please do not apply if you live outside of the Northern Colorado area.
- Review and manage the HIT course assignments, including grading and using innovative ways to provide content coaching
- Focus on helping HIT program students through tutoring appointments, email and hand written comments on graded papers
- Model effective oral and written communication that engages the Health Information Technology students, providing clarity, and improving student learning.
- Demonstrate consistency and fairness in the grading of HIT exams, and provide timely feedback to students.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Health Information Technology or a closely related field, and have at least 2 years full-time work experience or 5 years part-time work experience in the area to be taught is required OR Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years work experience in the HIT field without a degree.
- ICD-9 and ICD-10 knowledge and experience.
- Certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or willingness to become certified.
- Candidates must hold a degree earned from an institution accredited by an agency that is recognized by the United States Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or, for non-U.S. institutions, an accepted foreign equivalent that is listed in the International Handbook of Universities (18th ed.)
The application process:
In order to apply, please select Apply Now to submit your contact information, cover letter and resume.
After review of applicants, we may ask for more information, such as college transcripts.
Weston Distance Learning has been in business for over 35 years and has trained thousands of men and women through distance education. We offer the ability to work from your home office, a flexible schedule and part time leave. To learn more about us, please visit www.westondistancelearning.com.
Thank you for your interest!